Now showing 1 - 5 of 17
- ItemTurning health research into policy : final technical report(2015-05) Lavis, John; Sewankambo, NelsonThis comprehensive report reviews the first multi-country study of knowledge translation (KT) platforms, a five-year research and capacity-building program focused on supporting evidence-informed health policies and systems in Africa. Eight KT platforms that became fully active in Africa are the focus of the evaluation and constitute the only well-studied of such experiments globally. Evidence-informed health policies and systems can be defined as the use of the best available research evidence in the time available in each of the agenda-setting, policy development and policy implementation phases of the health policy process. Citations for project outputs are provided in the bibliography.
- ItemThe Development Innovation Fund in Health - final technical report(2017-03) Singer, Peter; Brook, David; Karlee, Silver; Mackie, JocelynThe Development Innovation Fund in Health (DIF-H), through Grand Challenges Canada (GCC) explored the potential to use an outside-of-government delivery vehicle to foster development innovation while maintaining strong accountability to Parliament. GCC delivered on objectives through three targeted challenges: Saving Lives at Birth, Saving Brains, and Global Mental Health. In addition, GCC was the anchor investor in the Global Health Investment Fund, a $108 million social impact investment fund. One of the more powerful aspects of the GCC model has been the ability to drive significant interest and engagement in innovators across Canada and throughout the developing world.
- ItemSocial networks, research evidence, and innovation in health policymaking in Burkina Faso(McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, CA, 2013-11) Jessica C. ShearerFew attempts have been made to collect data on national-level policy-makers’ networks; this thesis aims to understand the exchange and use of research evidence in policy networks, a critical substantive gap, and uses social network analysis (SNA) to study national health policy networks and their outcomes, which will improve the generalizability, as well as overall usefulness, of SNA of policy-making. Efforts must be made to create a policymaking culture where policy actors can confidently demand research towards evidence, as part of policy making processes, and where they are willing to use political capital to request and provide it.
- ItemEvidence briefs and deliberative dialogues : perceptions and intentions to act on what was learnt(World Health Organization (WHO), 2014-01) Moat, Kaelan A.; Lavis, John N.; Clancy, Sarah J.; El-Jardali, Fadi; Pantoja, TomasEvidence briefs and deliberative dialogues aimed at policy-makers and stakeholders appear to be useful, highly regarded, and lead to intentions to act. The present study is an early attempt to develop better understanding about these relatively new strategies to support the use of research evidence in policymaking. Respondents to the survey generally reported strong intentions to act on what they had learned from evidence briefs. Overall, “not concluding with recommendations” and “not aiming for a consensus” were identified as the least helpful features of briefs and dialogues, respectively.
- ItemEstudo de método para extração de agrotóxicos em hepatopâncreas de siri por MSPD e determinação por CG-IE-EM(2011) Bolzan, C M; Martins, G A; de Menezes, E J; Caldas, S S; Dias, A NA ocorrência de inúmeros compostos orgânicos nos compartimentos bióticos e os possíveis efeitos deletérios que estes podem causar aos ecossistemas aquáticos tem sido uma crescente preocupação. Embora a determinação destes compostos gere informações suplementares com relação aos contaminantes biodisponíveis, as determinações de resíduos de agrotóxicos em espécies comuns do ambiente aquático são geralmente desconhecidas. Em tecidos biológicos, onde as concentrações do analito são baixas e a matriz é complexa, o preparo de amostra é uma etapa fundamental. A técnica de dispersão da matrix em fase sólida (MSPD), apresenta as vantagens de utilizar pequena quantidade de amostra e baixo volume de solventes orgânicos, além de baixo custo e rapidez. O objetivo deste trabalho foi otimizar um método empregando extração por MSPD e determinação por cromatografia gasosa acoplada a espectrometria de massas (CG-EM) de 7 agrotóxicos em amostras de hepatopâncreas de siri.